Journalist . Author . Illustrator
Sean Michael Thomas
RT—Russia Today, Moscow, Russia—August 2009—Present
· Works as an international news correspondent and anchor. Responsible for cultivating contacts, performing live duties and traveling around Europe and Asia to cover stories for a globally broadcast news network. Some of the stories Sean has covered for RT include—the 2010 Moscow Metro Bombings, the Federal Elections in Iraq, the Ukrainian presidential election, the Perm nightclub fire, the missing cargo ship “Arctic Sea,” and the explosion at the Sayano-Shushenskaya hydro electrical dam.
KSEE 24 News, Fresno, California—September 2007—June 2009
· As a multimedia journalist Sean worked as an on-air reporter for general assignment news, with additional responsibilities as an assignment editor , posting on-line media , writing, editing with both linear and non-linear systems, setting up stories, broadcasting on location during spot news and scheduled live events while maintaining an updated contact profile with members of the community.
KMPH Fox 26 News, Fresno, California— May 2006—September 2007
· Developed, wrote, shot, edited and produced broadcast news stories on a daily basis. In addition to covering general assignment news, Sean covered the homecoming of the United States Aircraft Carrier Ronald Reagan from on board the ship.
WFTX Fox 4 News, Cape Coral, Florida — August 2004—April 2006
· Worked as a “one-man band” style reporter covering the extraordinary hurricane seasons of 2004 and 2005. During this time Sean reported from the center of eight hurricanes, Including Charlie, Frances, Ivan, Jean, Dennis, Katrina, Rita and Wilma. Sean’s coverage included flying with the Hurricane Hunters into the eye of hurricanes Ivan and Wilma as well as around the circumference of hurricane Wilma at extreme high altitudes. Sean also assisted WALA and WVUE in covering the Katrina aftermath from the Louisiana, Mississippi and Alabama Gulf Coast.
· With WFTX Sean also was sent to and reported from the hard hit region of Banda Aceh, Indonesia after the Indian Ocean tsunami. While in the tsunami zone, Sean produced daily blogs and posted stories for WFTX as well as providing video for both CNN and Fox Networks. While in Indonesia Sean also worked as a freelance photographer for CBS National News and TPI, Indonesia’s national network news station.
· Sean also received an Associated Press Award for his shooting and editing work on the long-light feature news story called “It’s cool to be Christian.”
WTOM/WPBH TV 7&4, Traverse City, Michigan, July 2003—August 2004
· General assignment News Photographer. While at 7&4 Sean worked on the award winning and acclaimed home to heroes project to support U.S. Soldiers operating overseas.
I Dare You, March 2013
- Children’s Book (Happy River Press, ISBN: 0615740472)
The Most Special Place on Earth, April 2011
- Children’s Book (Happy River Press, ISBN: 978-0615435374)
Sedikit-Sedikit Menjadi Bukit: Little by Little We Climb the Mountain, November 2008
· Children’s book (PublishAmerica, ISBN: 1-60672-484-3)
Fresno Magazine, Fresno, California—September 2006—August 2008
· Sean worked as a freelance writer producing major feature and cover story articles. Sean’s stories as assigned, ranged from hard hitting profiles on Crystal Methamphetamine users to restaurant reviews and the historic win of the Fresno State Men’s Baseball team in 2008.
· Worked as the primary writer for a documentary film produced for the City of Fresno State of the city address as well as for a variety of other special projects. (Ventana Hills, Granville Homes Industrials, Epic Passport to Financial Freedom)
Englishvoices.tv, Moscow, Russia, 2010—Present
- works with clients to create the ideal audio product for commercial advertisements, industrials, straight reads, feature films and corporate voice-overs. Sean Is able to utilize a wide vocal range and a variety of character voices and impressions to achieve a highly polished and desirable product.
Interlochen Center for the Arts, Interlochen, Michigan, June 1998—July 2003
· Worked as a member of the Residence Life Faculty for the Interlochen Arts Academy. Responsible for teaching life skills and acting as a counselor for students at a boarding high school dedicated to the fine arts. Founder and faculty adviser for WIRD Interlochen Student Radio. As part of WIRD Radio Program Series brought professional broadcasters in to work with students. Participants include: Bill Hemmer (Fox News), Frank Stasio (NPR News), Charles Osgood (CBS News) Mike Wallace (CBS 60 Minutes) Phil Quinn (WQLK Radio)
· Worked in various capacities at the Interlochen Arts Camp: Junior Boys Division: 1992: Counselor, 1993-1995: Waterfront Director, 2000—2001: Recreation Director. Intermediate Boys Division: 1998: Unit Leader, 1999: Assistant Director. Camp Theatre Faculty: 2002—2003. Acted as liaison between WIRD student radio and the Interlochen Public Radio News and classical music Stations
Brewer Broadcasting Corp—WQLK Kicks 96, WHON AM 930 December 2000—August 2003
· Freelance On-air personality.
Whitewater Broadcasting—WFMG G101.3, WZZY, WKBV, WIFE December 1994—December 2000
· On-Air personality. (Full Time December 1994—May 1998, Freelance May 1998—December 2000.)